OverviewThe ProductCart team has been busy with enhancements and bug fixes and are ready to release a Service Patch for version 5.2.10 that includes updated PayPal integrations, along with several additional items.
Do you need it?This update is important for any retailers using PayPal. Please review the Change Log below to see it any of the additional fixes or enhancements would be beneficial for your store.
Back Up!This update does not impact commonly modified files, however it is always a best practice to backup your existing files prior to installing any patches.
Downloading the PatchIf you are actively enrolled in the ProductCart Support & Updates Plan, you can download the patch for free as part of your maintenance plan. Simply login to your ProductCart Control Panel and navigate to "Help > Check for Updates". If you are not currently enrolled in the Support & Updates Plan, we encourage you to enroll here.
Unzipping the Downloaded Files
- Unzip the file(s) to a new directory on your desktop (e.g. "PayPal update").
- Do not copy the unzipped files onto an existing set of ProductCart files.
- If you need to synchronize customized files, see Synchronizing customized files
- If you want to have a copy of the entire ProductCart folder on your desktop, including the latest files, download the store to your desktop after you have finished the update process.
Performing the update
SYNCHRONIZE OVERWRITTEN FILES
Please see: Synchronizing customized files.
STEP 1 - BACK UP YOUR STORE
If you haven't already done so, back-up your store.
STEP 2 - FTP NEW FILES TO YOUR SERVER
Upload the files to their respective folders, overwriting the existing files. For instance, you will update the contents of the "pc" subfolder on your Web server with the files contained in the "pc" subfolder in the zip file that you have downloaded from the ProductCart Update Management System.
Note: FTP transfers sometimes fail. Make sure that once the process has finished, your FTP client reported a success message. Most FTP programs have a way to show you whether some files were not uploaded successfully. If that happens, make sure to upload them again until all files have been uploaded successfully. For example, Filezilla separately reports "Failed Transfers" and "Successful Transfers". The "Failed Transfers" tab should be empty.
STEP 3 - Upgrade the Store Database
The database will not be updated automatically with this ProductCart update. When you log into the Control Panel after uploading the files to the Web server, you will need to replace "menu.asp" in the browser with "upddb_v5.2.10-patch.asp" and click [Enter] .
ProductCart "PayPal Service Release" Change Log
This is a detailed cumulative list of all the bug fixes and enhancements included in the PayPal Service Release of ProductCart.
Support for PayPal Express Checkout Smart Payment Buttons
BUG / ENHANCEMENT
- [PC-1211] - Refine category-based discount calculations for when a product is assigned to 2 or more categories
- [PC-1215] - Update order amount format for PayPal Payment Standard integration
- [PC-1246] - Display order amount for PayPal Payments Advanced batch process order
- [PC-1253] - "Check All" link in batch process order, if both PayPal Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout are enabled
- [PC-1262] - Updating VirtualMerchant/Elavon/Converge payment API URL
- [PC-1266] - Product search hangs if error handler is enabled
- [PC-1271] - FEDEX: State/Province dropdown not shown on viewCart.asp when Canada is Country of Origin
- [PC-1272] - Products assigned to Hidden Categories should not display on the Brand Results page
- [PC-1273] - Custom Shipping rate display
- [PC-1281] - Normalization of SEO-friendly links generated by the 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons
- [PC-1283] - Duplicate products issue on the View Brands page
- [PC-1290] - Issue with "Create RMA Number" checkbox
- [PC-1292] - Remove 'Reward Points for Referrals' Setting from 'RpSettings.asp'
- [PC-1295] - Save cart button not working under specific circumstances
- [PC-1296] -   appears in the Order Invoice PDF
- [PC-1297] - Social e-Commerce widget functionality