- Update your version of ProductCart to v5.0 or above.
- Navigate to ”Shipping > Add or View Shipping Services” from the ProductCart main menu
- Select “FedEx Web Services” and click “Activate”
If you previously were using FedEx Web Services or FedEx API the following is very important To Do:
- Remove FedEx Shipping Service (if applicable)
If you are currently using FedEx in your store, you will need to removed it.
- Remove FedEx Web Services (if applicable)
If you have already applied the patch for v4.1 or v4.5 for FedEx Web Services rating then you will need to removed (not disable) FedEx Web Services.
- Register FedEx Web Services
In order to use the new FedEx Web Services integration with ProductCart you will need to activate FedEx Web Services. This will required that you insert your FedEx account details to register your account to work with the ProductCart application.
- Remove FedEx Shipping Service (if applicable)
- Fill out the “FedEx Web Services Shipping Configuration” form and click “Continue”. Note: you do NOT need any special FedEx keys, codes, or meter numbers: ProductCart will take care of the complicated stuff behind the scenes for you. The only FedEx identifier that you will need is your FedEx account number, which needs to be inserted at the top of the form.
- Select the FedEx services you want to enable and click “Continue”
- Select your shipping preferences. More details on each option can be found below.
- That is all! You are done.
If you have any problems with the registration process, please do not open a ProductCart support ticket (unless you receive a software error), but rather contact the FedEx® Technical Support directly at 1.877.339.2774 or via e-mail at email@example.com. For instance, the activation process might not be successful if your FedEx account is not active, or if the shipping address you specified is not the address listed on your FedEx account.
Service Selection You can select from a variety of shipping services provided by FedEx, and for each of them, you can specify an order amount above which a service will be provided to your customers for free (e.g. Free FedEx Ground for all orders that exceed $100), and additional shipping and handling fees.
FedEx Ground and Home DeliveryIf you plan to use ground delivery options, make sure to select both FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery. The former is used to deliver packagers to commercial addresses, the latter to residential addresses. If you only selected one of the two, and a customer on your store specified an address type that is not compatible with the service you selected, no rates would be returned. For example, if you only checked FedEx Ground, and a customer indicated that his/her shipping address is Residential, no ground rates would be returned.
Express FreightYou can enable several Express Freight options.
- FedEx 1Day® Freight: next business day
- FedEx 2Day® Freight: 2 business days
- FedEx 3Day® Freight: 3 business days
- FedEx International Priority Freight®: 1, 2 or 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy® Freight: within 5 business days
- Visit http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/our-services/express-freight-us/index.html
- Click on Show More in the Time-definite Delivery section
- Click the "+" symbol next to each option for more information
Packaging TypeYou have the ability to select the type of package that your orders are typically shipped in. If you are using your own packaging to ship products (which is the most common scenario), specify a default package size using the appropriate input fields. This size should be the most common size for the majority of packages that you ship. Length is the longest side of the package.
For products that are always shipping by themselves (e.g. particularly large packaging), you can use the Oversized Package settings, which is set at the product level. ProductCart extends the Oversized feature to shipping charges calculation via FedEx (see Shipping Oversized Items with UPS, FedEx and USPS). So when you add or modify a product, you can enable the Oversized option, which will have the following three consequences on shipping rates calculation:
- The product will be flagged as Oversized (this may trigger extra shipping charges).
- The product-specific package dimensions entered on the add/modify product page will replace the default package size mentioned above.
- The product will be regarded as a separate package (e.g. if a customer purchases 3 units of the product, ProductCart will calculate rates for 3 separate packages).
Packages are measured as package length plus girth:
(length + ((width x 2) + (height x 2)))
The following information about oversized packages is provided by FedEx (contact your FedEx account manager if you have additional questions or to confirm that this information is still accurate):
- A package weighing less than 30 lbs. and measuring more than 84 inches and equal to or less than 108 inches in combined length and girth will be classified as an Oversize 1 (OS1) package. The transportation charges for an Oversize 1 (OS1) package will be the same as a 30-lb. package being transported under the same circumstances.
- A package weighing less than 50 lbs. and measuring more than 108 inches in combined length and girth will be classified as an Oversize 2 (OS2) package. The transportation charges for an Oversize 2 (OS2) package will be the same as a 50-lb. package being transported under the same circumstances.
Insurance SettingsTo use the order total (total of products listed in the shopping cart) as the amount to insure, choose Use Dynamic Insurance Rate. If you are not using Dynamic Insurance Rate, you can set a Flat Rate as the amount to insure, and that amount will be used for every FedEx rate calculation in the storefront. The default flat rate will be set to $100.00 if one is not set and you have not selected to use Dynamic Insurance Rate.
Default Pickup MethodSpecify how packages are typically picked up or dropped off. If you are unsure of what the correct selection is for your FedEx account, please contact your FedEx account representative.
Rate TypeSelect the type of rates that will be displayed to your customers. This feature only affects the FedEx rates displayed in the storefront. If you are unsure of whether you are eligible for Discount Rates on your FedEx account, please contact your FedEx account representative.
- List Rates are usually higher than Discount Rates.
- Your account may or may not be eligible for Discount Rates. If it is, you can basically decide whether to pass the discount onto your customers or not.
- Discount Rates + Multiweight Ground Rates
In a nutshell, multiweight rates will be returned (assuming you have a contract with FedEx that includes this service) when the shipment hits the 200 lbs. minimum requirement, and the rate is lower than the customer's regular discounts. FedEx will always return the better rate.
DO NOT select Discount Rates or Discount Rates + Multiweight Ground Rates unless you are sure that your account is eligible for those rates. Otherwise, no rates might be returned in the storefront.