This is where the integration between ProductCart and Google Analytics becomes a lot more interesting. ProductCart will take care of notifying Google Analytics that an order has been placed and will provide Google Analytics with the transaction information. This will enable you to better understand where your shopping cart orders are really coming from.
To track your ecommerce transactions with Google Analytics, follow these steps.
Enabling E-Commerce Reporting in Google Analytics
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Click the "Admin" menu item near the top of the screen
- Select the appropriate Account from the Account drop-down list
- Select the appropriate Property from the Property drop-down list
- Select the appropriate View from the View drop-down
- Click the "Ecommerce Settings" lnk below the View name
- Change the "Enable Ecommerce" status to "ON"
- Click "Next Step"
- Click "Submit"
There is no action to be taken within ProductCart as it is already setup to submit ecommerce transactions to your Google Analytics profile. Learn more about Google Analytics support in ProductCart v5.x.