To use Google Analytics with your ProductCart-powered Internet store you need to take a few simple steps:
Create a Google Analytics account
Get a Google Analytics account, if you don't already have one. The service is free for most Web sites. Sign up here.
If you have a Google AdWords account, there is an option under the "Tools" menu to connect to you Google Analytics account. A link to your Google Analytics account will also need to be set up before you can get to Analytics from AdWords.
Locate Your Google Analytics Property ID
- Log into Google Analytics
- On the start page, locate the Web site that you wish to track
(the Property ID is shown right next to the URL and looks like this: UA-XXXXXX-X)
Entering the Google Analytics Property ID in ProductCart
You will simply need to enter your Google Analytics Property ID (profile ID) in the ProductCart Control Panel and choose between Universal Analytics (Google Universal Analytics) or Classic Analytics (Google Analytics).
Here are the exact steps for making this update to your store:
- Log into your ProductCart Control Panel
- Select Settings > Store Settings > Store & Display Settings
- Click the Miscellaneous tab
- Scroll down to the Google Analytics section
- Enter your Property ID (Profile ID), it should be in the format of UA-XXXXXXX-X
- Select Google Universal Analytics (analytics.js) or Google Analytics (classic Analytics, ga.js)
- Click on the Save Settings button at the bottom of the page
To get more details on the difference between Classic and Universal Analytics as well as information on how to upgrade from Classic to Universal Analytics in Google Analytics view this blog article.
Back to ProductCart & Google Analytics table of contents