When the "On-Demand" Order Transfer Link is Active
This feature is only available when you have setup your Preferences > Orders settings to ”Export orders on demand only”. If you have setup your store to ”Automatically export all new orders…”, then this link is not shown on the ProductCart Synchronizer start page as orders are exported automatically every time you run Web Connector (or every time Web Connector runs automatically at the intervals you have specified).
Using On-Demand Order Transfer
Selecting the Orders to TransferTo run this feature click on the corresponding link on the ProductCart Synchronizer start page. On the page that is shown to you, specify the following options:
- Choose a customer to restrict the search only to orders placed by a specific customer, or select All Customers.
- Specify a Date Range - Transfers all orders within the specified date range
- Indicate whether previously exported orders should be included or not
Click on Preview Orders to see a list of the orders that you are about to transfer to QuickBooks. Here you can check/uncheck any order based on your preferences.
Queuing the Order TransferWhen you are ready to schedule the transfer, click on Transfer Orders. Just like with any other “on demand” operation that you initiate from the ProductCart Control Panel, the task is not executed until you run Web Connector by checking ProductCart Synchronizer and clicking on Update Selected on the Web Connector main window.
Removing an Order Transfer from the QueueIf you believe that you made a mistake and wish to remove the ”On Demand Order Transfer” that was just added to the queue, select Support Console from the Main Menu and click on the Pending Operations tab. Check the Push On Demand Order task and click on Delete Selected.
You can only remove a pending operation until Web Connector is run. Once Web Connector is run manually - or runs automatically - all pending operations are executed and are no longer listed under Pending Operations.
- For each order within the specified date range QuickBooks will create a new invoice, sales receipt, or sales order based on your order preferences.
- If you do not explicitly tell ProductCart Synchronizer to check for duplicates all orders will be transferred, regardless if they have previously been transferred.
The transfer will not occur until you run the Web Connector. If your Web Connector is on a schedule you can wait until its next scheduled process, or you can manually tell Web Connector to run now by using the Update Selected button.