Follow These Steps to Run the ProductCart Setup WizardBefore you run the ProductCart Setup Wizard, make sure you have completed the following:
- Upload the ProductCart Files to Your Store
- Set Folder Permissions
- Obtain a Valid ProductCart License
Checklist and Recommendations
The ProductCart Setup Wizard consists of a few steps outlined in the window that is initially displayed to you. First you will be asked to review an “Activation Checklist”, whose purpose is to make sure that you have everything you need to quickly get started with ProductCart.
Defining a Database Connection
ProductCart supports both DSN and DSN-less database connection methods. You will be required to provide a database connection string in the next step of the Setup Wizard: that connection string tells ProductCart how to connect to your store database.
The Setup Wizard will test the validity of your database connection string and only allow you to activate ProductCart if you have a valid database connection. The procedure to activate your copy of ProductCart is discussed in the next section. Below are examples of connections strings that you may use.
Using a DSN-less ConnectionA DSN-less connection is typically faster than a DSN connection, and it is recommended. There are several ways to connect to a database using a DSN-less connection. You should inquire with your Web hosting company to see which one they recommend. Here is an example connection string that will work with most servers.
MS SQLHere “SERVER-IP” is the server’s IP address, “DB-NAME” is the name of the database, and “USER” and “PWD” are the user name and password that grant access to it (your web hosting provider can help you obtain your server's IP address and retrieve your database name, user and password).:
Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=SERVER-IP,1433;Initial Catalog=DB-NAME;User Id=USER;Password=PWD;
If you run into issues, try the following:
Verifying Port in SQL Server Manager
- Open the SQL Server Manager
- Expand Databases Folder
- Right-Mouse Click (Your SQL Server Name) and Click Properties
- Click Network Configuration
- Click TCP/ IP then Properties
- Verify Default Port is Set to 1433 and Click "OK"
- Click OK 3 Times
- If you had to change the Default Port, then you must restart the MSSQL Server Service
Disabling Dynamic Port on DSN
- In control Panel, open the ODBC Data Source Administrator
- On the System DSN tab, Select the appropriate DSN (ProductCart) and click configure
- Click Next in the Microsoft SQL Server DSN Configuration dialog box
- Click client configuration
- Uncheck Dynamically Determine Port
- Click OK
- Click next 3 times
- Click Test Data Source
- Click OK 3 Times
Web Server Compatibility Check
- Whether or not the Web server supports “parent paths”. For more information about running ProductCart on a store that has parent paths disabled, see the corresponding section earlier in this chapter.
- Whether the correct folder permissions have been set.
- Whether a valid database connection string has been entered.
- Whether the store has one or more e-mail components installed, so you can select a supported e-mail component when configuring e-mail settings.
- Whether an XML parser exists on the server
Next is the ProductCart Activation Screen.